Adventure 99: The Egg & I


The Egg & I is a franchise which is fairly new to Utah. I had the pleasure of attending the "cold open" of the newest location in Sandy. The cold open happens the day before they officially open so that the staff can practice. The guests are served an entree of their choice, complimentary. However, if you so choose to offer money for the meal, they donate all proceeds from that day to a charity of their choice.  


This was my server. He was very nice.


A full menu! Who knew so many dishes could come from eggs.


The charity of choice was Shriners Hospitals for Children--Salt Lake City. This is a local hospital which provides pediatric orthopaedic care regardless of the child's ability to pay. The owners of the Utah franchise locations have a daughter who has benefited from the services of this hospital, and they wanted to help them to continue providing these services.


I ordered the mediteranean fritata. It was DELICIOUS! So good. I have had dreams about how good this was since. It was filling, tasty, many flavors and ingredients that were perfect. Everyone else at my table was equally impressed by the food they ordered.


Time spent on adventure: 2 hours (I should disclose I am affiliated with SHC, so I spent quite a bit of time socializing)
Money spent: (an annonymous donation)
Recommendation: 9 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts