Adventure 116: Avenues Proper Burger


I had heard a few things about Avenues Proper, one of three Proper locations in SLC, so I thought it was about time I gave it a taste. My first experience with the brand was at Proper Burger back in 2016. This seems to be fine dining version of the burger place. Though I found it to be a great location for hipsters, just like the burger joint.




I mean... need I say more?




This adventure is brought to you by my friend Bryan. He ordered the meatloaf burger, because when you see something like that menu, why wouldn't you order it? It looks amazing, doesn't it? I really dug it.


I ordered the Massaman curry mussels. They were good, but way too many mussels for me in one sitting. The name of the dish made me think it'd be more of a curry type of dish, but it was really just mussels sitting in a very runny curry flavored sauce.


Here are a few shots of the intimate setting that was achieved by low lighting, a burnt orange, white and black motif and hipsters.


Only kidding about the hipsters filling up the joint, the crowd was pretty diverse as far as the age of patrons, it actually looked a lot like the avenues crowd.


I always appreciate when the server drops the water pitcher at the table for continual refillings, as I tend to drink like a fish.





They are a brewing company and keep their tanks full of brews visible as you arrive and leave. BTW, I realize they are not called tanks of brews, but you get the idea.




Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $0 (thanks to Bryan, but the menu is posted on Yelp if you want to take a look)
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points! 

Comments

  1. Hello, I just take a peek and saw your blog. Cheers for sharing this with us. What a nice and great adventure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts