Adventure 106: Proper Burger

The Public Relations team where I work required time away from the office recently. This resulted in us paying a visit to Proper Burger on the corner of Main Street and 900 South. The conversation in the car included the question that this place may be a "hipster" spot.  No joke, as we pulled up, two men who quintessentially had the appearance of hipsters were leaving the building. Queue high fives all around.


The lime green charcoal design gives the place a clean aesthetic.


At the recommendation of the cute gal who took our order, I ordered the El Mariachi burger, which truthfully was a little too much tangy spiciness for me. It completely hid the flavor of the burger, which always makes me suspect the quality of the meat. I ordered my burger protein style which is why you don't see a bun.


...and Dawn ordered the hipster burger. She really dug it. I should also disclose going to Proper Burger was her idea. She may be a hipster, and all this time I didn't know.


Rich ordered the Johnny Utah burger, which he was a little disappointed with. He was hoping for more of an all-American style burger, and it had a suspiciously large amount of pickles in it.


Hipster siting? I mean...he does have a mustache. But I'm prepared to believe his upper lip needs the warmth.


Somehow I neglected to capture an external shot of the restaurant, but here the other side of the place we didn't sit in.


Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $0 --thanks to the team-building budget of the organization I work for, but the menu said mine was a $9 burger
Recommendation: 5 out of 10 adventure points! (I am totally willing to go back and try a different burger from the menu, which may totally change my rating on this)

Comments

Popular Posts