Adventure 104: Chile-Tepin

There is a new hip Mexican place downtown that could possibly give Alamexo a run for their money. It is in a great location, right on the corner of 300 West and 200 South. Right next to the popular La Barba Coffee which is nested in the restaurant, Finca.



I love that the Crane building's exterior has been so beautifully restored, it makes me want to come back just to walk through these doors again.


The entrance is all clean lines with bold design choices. It didn't feel Mexican to me, but that's not to say it has to. The affect was still a good one.


The mostly white-space design of the seating area felt wonderfully open, with interesting wall art and sculptures interspersed with the tables.


The handsome and charming Wade Mann provided this adventure, and was great company which certainly enhanced the experience.



 Ahhh... a simple menu. It's like oxygen. Immediately I'm put at ease.



I ordered the taco salad, the list of ingredients sounded interesting and simple, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was not bad. I was a little disappointed by the lettuce, but the other veggies were fresh and the guacamole was yummy.


Wade ordered a combination plate which allowed him to hand pick each item in the dish. Very pretty presentation, right? He seemed to be pleased with the selection.

Also, the chips and salsa provided while we waited for our food were delicious!


Overall, I rate the ambiance higher than the food, but then I've never been able to get as excited about Mexican food as I have about say, Vietnamese or American food. But I certainly like it enough to go back and try other items on the menu before I decide completely.

Time spent on adventure: 2 hours (nothing to do with how long the food took, just good conversation kept us there)
Money spent: $0 (thanks to Wade, but see menu above to get an idea of their price point)
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts