Adventure 109: Zermatt Resort

The Zermatt. It's a resort in Midway, Utah, a short 50 minute drive from down town Salt Lake City. Let's face it, if you’ve been to Midway, you know it feels like a bit of a retreat from life. Nestled at the base of the Wasatch Mountains, and with the charming Swiss architecture which goes back to the founders of the small Utah town—this place enchants me every visit.

My friend had a birthday, and chose to invite a few friends and spend it with her at a spa. I was so excited to be invited to this special event. Full disclosure—this was my first experience going to a spa, so my enjoyment and wonder may have a lot to do with that. I didn't have anything to compare it to, but I will say it was amazing.

The hotel/resort is beautiful. It seemed a little old, but I didn’t find that it detracted from the quality of my experience.

One thing I didn't love, is that the robes did not have enough space for the ladies, which made me a little uncomfortable since there was nothing between me and the cotton with no give.

As  you might imagine, I did not carry my camera around with me inside the spa, so no real visuals except this grainy video. 



I had a 80 minute massage which was great--the scents she included were wonderful enchantments to the experience. 

After feeling so great, I spent a little time in the sauna then meandered down to the much talked about waterfall hot tub which has actual hot water falling over over rocks and descends into the tub. I started out dipping my feet into the water. I forgot my bathing suit, and since I found myself alone for a good 20 minutes, eventually I couldn't resist the call of the steaming water and I slipped in in the buff. It felt great, but this was also a very public place, right next to the pool, so as you can imagine, the fear of someone walking in at any moment sort of killed the possibility of full enjoyment. 

After slipping my bathrobe on literally seconds before a couple walked through the double doors on their way to me, I made my way back up to the main spa area and relaxed by the fire in the an overstuffed seat and drifted off. It was heaven. 

Next was my pedicure which was delight as one of my friends was in the room the same time. We chatted, we were pampered, we joked with the lovely staff, I felt a new woman. 

Time spent on adventure: 4 hours
Money spent: $$$ (several hundred dollars)
Recommendation: 9 out of 10 adventure points! (the bathrobe is the only thing holding this rating back from being a full 10)

Comments

Popular Posts