Adventure 102: Tarahumara restaurant

So, there are just a few things I want to say about Tarahumara Mexican restaurant in Midway, Utah. It is a local gem! I did not expect to see a line of people out the door in such a small town. I had a feeling the place draws locals as well as out-of-towners such as myself. Well I mean, "People love [them] on Yelp," as the sticker on their door said. I was with a group of friends and didn't end up taking a lot of pictures, but if you check it out on Yelp, you'll find all sort of pictures of the food.

The food was as good as any quality Mexican restaurant I've tasted. The ambiance was fun and buzzed with energy. I sort of felt like I could lean over to any table around us and hear about their day hiking in the nearby mountains which they'd come to town for, or hear about the local high school soccer game they'd just come from.

There is an impressive salsa bar that made me wish I just had a big bag of chips to dip into all 20 salsas!

I had the carnitas burritos and was so glad I could get this vibrant salad instead of rice and beans on the side. It was really yummy, and definitely more food than I could finish in one sitting.



The menu had a nice balance of traditional food, but good options for the modern eater.


Time spent on adventure: 2.5 hours (the place was packed!)
Money spent: ≈$15 (I didn't save my receipt, but with the cookie and entree it was about this)
Recommendation: 9 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts