Adventure 112: Ice Castles

Okay, y'all, Midway, Utah has STEPPED IT UP! If you've been to the ice castles in previous years, I recommend seeing what they've done this year. If you've never been, dude, no more excuses. 


This year The Homestead is the host. I don't know if the castles have been here before, but the one other year I visited the icy wonderland it was at the ice-skating park down the road. It feels much more corporate with this set-up. And not in a bad way. It seems to be set up for enormous crowds if you decide to bring your entire large Utah family and all your neighbors in one night.

So many colorful lights!


This adventure is brought to you by the compliments of Bryan. This is also the only shot of me as my face was still recovering from being numbed by the dentist just a few hours before. If you look close you can see my crooked smile.


If you stand in one place long enough you can get like six different backgrounds as the lights slowly change from warm to cool colors and back.



I was having so much fun seeing all the things, that I forgot to capture them all with my camera. But here is a wonderful throne for photo-posing.


Every light makes you look a different level of sinister.




Other delights to be seen within the ice castles:
  • So many slides! several small ones, and one long one in a tunnel that we had to stand in line to go down (plastic mats provided)
  • Two fountain installments 
  • One wall filled with lights for a neon-esque light show
  • Lots of little crawl spaces that little ones clearly cannot resist
My number one tip: do not forget to wear your snow boots! You are literally walking on ice at every level of slush and crunch as you go throughout the sculptures.


Time spent on adventure: 3 hours (including travel time)
Money spent: ≈ $20 (pre-ordering tickets from their website saves you a few dollars)
Recommendation: 9 out of 10 adventure points! 

Comments

Popular Posts