Adventure 89: Oh Mai!

This place is reported to have the best Vietnamese Sandwiches in town, actually one admirerer told me the best sandwiches of his life he's eaten at this place! Sidebar: what is it with dudes, and sandwiches? 


This place is popular! A few of you have wondered when I would try it. Well my friends, that day has come.


It's small inside. Sort of reminds me of a New York deli, where the patrons yell their order over the counter to be heard and seen by the overworked staff. The man who took our order was the owner, and a very sweet guy. Small interactions like this always make all the difference for me.


They now have a Holladay location, for your Holladayians.


They still have their Christmas decor up. The seating is intimate. Take the opportunity to get to know your neighbor. You're going to overhear their conversation anyway.


Brant and I both ordered the chicken bun. It was different. More so than any bun I've before had. A little more flavor than I'm used to, and a lot of veggies. It was good, but a bit too much food for me.


Brant dug it. Don't you love a silver fox?


He finished his off nicely.


I on the other hand, was all set for lunch the next day. I love when the noodles don't clump. Thank you Oh Mai!


Time spent on adventure: 45 minutes
Money spent: $0 (thanks to Brant)
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points! 



Comments

Popular Posts