Adventure 84: Cafe Trang

Thank you for your patience! Still dealing with computer problems, but I'm working on getting all my back-logged adventures out to you!  This adventure, a Vietnamese restaurant. I know! What? So weird.

Cafe Trang is in a part of town I do not frequent very often. Namely, Murray. Well it was an adventure!


First item of note, the average age of the patrons I shared the restaurant with was about 73.





There were delightful rows of bamboo throughout the restaurant.



There were pictures on the menu.


Fact: one of my favorite thing about old men is the hats they wear.


I really dug the decor.


A couple of notes on the lemongrass chicken bun I ordered: the vermicelli noodles were clumpy, I loved the spiciness of the sauce, there were lots of veggies! Awesome.


My favorite thing about this place is that the staff all seemed to know the patrons. They really knew them. They spent quite a bit of time at the tables asking about their families, and things going on in the community. At one point one of the servers sat down with the elderly couple drinking their coffee after their meal and quietly chatted. It totally charmed me.

Time spent on adventure: 1 hour
Money spent: $13.00 (including tip)
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts