Adventure 93: Pho Plus

I was in Provo with my friend Tom. Being in the old charming part of this town around lunch only meant on thing: must try new restaurant. Here's the thing about Pho Plus. I had actually attempted to eat here a couple of weeks ago. I showed up about 15 minutes before closing time, and was turned away because... it was 15 minutes before closing time. I was pretty put off by the woman who delivered this message, and went to Osaka. See adventure 82 for that experience.


Well, being that I'm ALWAYS craving Vietnamese food, I gave it another shot.


The decor, and general design of the place is pretty swanky.


So, here's what I have to say about Provo's Pho Plus.

  • The woman who took my order (incidentally, she was the same woman who turned me away at my last visit--how could I forget her face!) didn't know what what bun was. Luckily it was on the menu, just in a more Americanized name.


The service wasn't the best, I watched the server interact with the others in the restaurant, and... unfortunately it wasn't what I would call... kind.
  • The Gyoza was delicious.


... Tom thought so too.



  • Tom ordered pho. His first time AND my first time (he let me have a bite). I wasn't impressed. I wasn't sure if it was the restaurant, or pho in general I didn't like. Since it's all the rage right now, I decided I would give it another shot. Tom thought it was okay.



  • The chicken bun (sorry, I don't remember what the menu called it) was pretty good. I liked that the amount of veggies, especially the cucumbers was very generous. Not quite enough bean sprouts for my liking, however. Overall it was pretty good.


Time spent on adventure: 45 minutes
Money spent: $0 (thanks to Tom)
Recommendation: 6 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts