Adventure 97: Long Life Vegi House

This adventure is brought to you by my friend Ben Bloch. He drove by it once, and thought this might be a place worth trying. Well, adventure-cateers, you know I took him up on it.


This restaurant is in the 3300 South area. It was a rainy night... this is why the pictures seem to have an element of mystery. Or maybe ominous is a better word?  It was sort of like the beginning of a noir story.


I love these delightful little touches when entering the restaurant. Take me into your world Long Life Vegi House!


Buddah.


While I waited for Ben, the woman behind the counter told me she was from a small town in China. I don't remember the name of it. All of her family is here in Utah. She's been here for about 10 years. I hope the food here is specific to her small town. It feels more special.


They have a gong painting. I'm charmed.




Ben and I shared an order of (what I'm pretty sure the menu called) pancakes. We were provided the fixings and these thin tortilla-like "pancakes" to roll it up with, and plumb sauce. It was delicious, my favorite thing we got. We also had green beans, and fried rice. It was all good. Again, the pancakes were the star.


The handsome, and charming Ben Bloch. Here's a fun fact: Ben's an amazing artist. Check out his work here.


Time spent on adventure: 2 hours
Money spent: $0 (thanks to Ben)
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points (the pancakes sold me)

Comments

Popular Posts