Adventure 2: Salt Lake City Cemetery

First of all, I could write one post per block of this cemetery. It's old, it's full of beautiful stones in a vast range of shapes and repair. It's a pioneer cemetery. I have family buried here, so it of course holds a special place for me, and full disclosure, I'm a bit of cemetery-lover. Whenever I travel, one of the first places I seek out, especially if it's an old town is the local grave yard. I find them peaceful, and in a strange way I feel surrounded by good company. People who lived full, or meaningless lives, and were loved or un-loved all buried side by side. In the end we all turn to dust. A little macabre? Okay, on to the pictures.


 When I sat at a bench to take it all in, it only took a few minutes to look up from my journal to notice I was surrounded by dozens of magpies. I think they must be gathering to flock south, and stopped here on their way for some tasty topsoil food.


 I'd like to know the story behind this very specific headstone.




I've been to the cemetery dozens of times in my life, and have never noticed this Chinese section. I'd love to find out more about the early Chinese settlers...


 ... because they were here in the 1800's.


Amount of time on adventure: 2 hours
Money spent: $0
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts