Adventure 9: Chasing a Friday Night

There is a website that normally serves me very well of informing me of events going on in any given day in Salt Lake City. It's visitsaltlake.com. Well last night it let me down. It announced there was a free performance at the Ladies Literary Club to celebrate their 100th year anniversary by the Salty Crickets. Let's face it, the name alone of this performing group is deliciously local. I couldn't wait to be a part of this night!

Well, after some struggles in the dark, my friend and I found the Ladies Literary Club building. It was dark, and vacant. A quick check on the Salt Crickets' facebook page indicated the performance was last Friday, the 20th. And it's a miss!

But I did manage to get a few shots in the dark of the building, at least what my flash was able to pick out.




My friend Miguel was with me, and he apparently is unphased by the glare of an LED light in the dark, while I end up looking drunk from the affect.


Next stop, thanks to the reference of visitsaltlake.com was the First Christian Reformed Church.  There was some sort of event going on. It didn't really say much on the website, other than the name of what I thought was a musical group. 

Well, upon arrival we discovered it was $15 for entry. I don't think I've ever been to an event at a church that charged anything, other than the Greek festival which charges $3 (for an entire festival experience!) So, we opted out of attending whatever was going on inside, which incidentally was not a musical performance. There was a woman holding a bassoon with a powerpoint projection behind her, so I guess there was some sort of musical reference going on, if only to display her musical instrument. So, I got a few shots of the church, and we proceeded to take a walk through the 9th and 9th area, which was the best part of the night!







Time spent on adventure: 2 hours
Money spent: $0
Recommendation: 3 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts