Adventure 69: Avenues Bistro

I keep hearing about the Avenues Bistro. Good things. So, I of course had to check it.



It's quite charming, from the outside, and in.


I was pretty shocked to see a curtain was the first site upon entering. But then I decided to make it a dramatic entrance, my debut in the cafe. Turns out it's there to keep the cold out.


There weren't many people in place to appreciate my grand entrance, but the young man who was I believe the busboy seemed to appreciate it, and that's all a girl can ask.


The menu is very limited, which I always love, as someone who gets easily overwhelmed by too many options.

Being that it was a cold day, I ordered a cup of hot cocoa, it was large. Very large. I don't think I made it half way through. It was delicious.


I couldn't resist ordering the soup of the day, the butternut squash garlic. And my entree, the risotto burger. It was all quite good, but the soup was a little rich, so I couldn't quite get all of it down.


I never seem to get my water glass filled as quickly as I'd like when eating out, so I always appreciate the nice gesture of placing a water pitcher on my table. And with lemon no less!


Here was a nice touch, my check was served inside a paperback book. Charming. Though liquid and food have definitely left it's mark.



Time spent on adventure: 1 hour
Money spent: $20 (including tip)
recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts