Adventure 63: Korea House

This is an adventure I've been trying at for over 2 months! My first attempt found the previous location had just closed while the re-located. The next three attempts always found the place closed for one reason or another while they worked toward opening the doors of the new location.

Well, I was so pleased to finally find the doors open to my touch.



This was my first experience with Korean food. I loved the bright colors, and playful decor, on first entering.



I don't know even know what I ordered. I asked the young man who handed me the menu what a first-timer should try. He told me the name of the most popular dish. He said it was a meat dish with six sides. 


When he brought it out, and I found that the sides are in every sense of the word, in fact served on the side, in individual dishes, I asked if I was to add these sides to my main dish. The answer was an emphatic 'no no no! Eat them separately.' And I did.



However, only the familiar veggies made it further than one bite. I found the cold pickled treatment to a couple of the sides unappetizing, unfortunately.

But the main dish was interesting, the flavors were savory, and it all felt very original to my taste.




Also, I was served two life-savors, that I confess I thought were exotic Korean candies, but the familiar taste and imprinted letters told me otherwise.



Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $13 (including tip)
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts