Adventure 62: Urban Arts Gallery

One of the delightful things that has popped up with the take over of the City Creek Mall, and emptying of the Gateway Mall, are cooky stores at the Gateway. For example the Urban Arts Gallery that has taken over the space that used to be American Eagle.


You might have noticed these guys watching you as you walked by. Well, this is what they look like from behind.


 Everything in this gallery is wacky. In fact, I started to wonder if the definition of 'urban art' is a piece of art with a serious dose of wacky.


 This is one wacky piece of art I'd love to have on my porch for trick-or-treators.


"Wizard Rumble"
(I love me some Harry Potter)


A great tribute wall to Mexican art. It made me really wish I had made it to the Day of the Dead celebration!


 "Imaginary Manifestation"


 Wa-aa-cky!


I feel like this cat has some serious sadness behind those gem eyes.


An LDS temple, and a green-gremlin. An equation for wacky.


There's a whole section of wacky take-home items, so there's that to look for.


 This guy made from crushed cans was a great site on my way out.



Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $0
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts