Adventure 71: Boba World, Shanghai Cuisine

Boba World has topped many people's list as the best restaurant in Bountiful. I have been anxious to give it a try. The word 'boba' comes from the name of the popular boba drink, but there is so much more to experience here than the drink.


The interior is fairly small with about a dozen tables, and the decor has only hints of China.


One fun thing of note, if you're a bit of a public voyer, there is plenty of fodder. From where I sat in the corner, the accoustics seemed to allow me to overhear several conversations going on around me, and if I hadn't brought a book, would have paid more attention. One thing I did pick up, was the conversation of the ladies next to me of some baby momma drama.


Charming salt and pepper shakers.


The food was good. It didn't strike me as heavy, or greasy (my biggest point of trepidation with Chinese food). And for the first time maybe ever, I didn't take home any Chinese leftovers. The serving size was perfect to satisfy, and nothing more.


These candies were free when checking out. I don't know what these are called, but I was first introduced to them at friends Jeff and Yuwen's wedding reception, and loved them! I was so happy to chow down on another of these chewy delights.


I don't know if I can agree with the general opinion, and clam it as my favorite Bountiful restaurant, but I'd like to explore the menu, and try all the interesting items seen there. But then again, we know Chinese is not my favorite. It's definitely one of the best Chinese spots I've visited!

Time spent on adventure: 45 minutes
Money spent: $11.65 (including tip)
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts