Adventure 65: The Rose Establishment

While trying recently to figure out a meeting place with my friend Chris, we decided on a place neither of us had been, The Rose Est. This local treasure of a coffee and tea house is tucked away on 400 South behind the Gateway. 


It's a sweet little spot! I just want to say the only disappointing thing about this experience was discovering they close at 5, which was a bummer. We could have easily enjoyed the ambiance well beyond the appointed hour.


The interior is open, rustic, and has plenty of seating, which is great.


It's always good to see a case of pastries at a coffee shop, I mean, am I right?


I asked the handsome man behind the counter what he recommended for the non-coffee, non-caffein  drinker. I took his recommendation and ordered this beautiful toffee flavored tea. My usual choice of teas are in the herbal variety, so drinking one with so much flavor was new for me, and I quite liked it.


Chris ordered the cinnamon fig tea, a whole pot in fact. It was served in the most delightful way with the tea steeper (thank you Chris for the nudge on the correct term) nestled on top. It smelled wonderful.


Delightful little touches everywhere!


Chris also ordered this homemade gingerbread cookie sandwich. Tasty.


Oh, this is the handsome (though mysterious) Chris. Say hi.


Though it got moderately busy while we were there, the openness, (and perhaps the background music?) made it comfortable to hold a conversation. I never felt like I had to yell over an intrusive noise level, which I always appreciate.


Another great touch found in the green light switch cover on the wood beam.


Also, there were a couple of fantastic sky lights, which added to the open feeling in the establishment. I always love a sky light. When I'm master of the universe, sky lights for everyone!


This one is in the back, over the water closets.


 That's right, I said water closets. This is a tea house after all.


Incidentally I was quite struck by the interior of the loo as well. Quaint. And thank you Rose for the hanger on the back of the door for my purse!



Time spent on adventure: 2 hours
Money spent: $11.86 (for both of our orders)
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!



Comments

Popular Posts