Adventure 70: Sandy Museum

Thank you for your patience dear readers while I took some time to lay in bed and watch awful romantic comedies cuddling with my tissue box! I'm back, the adventures continue.

So, I was in the area, and saw a sign directing me to the Sandy Museum. I had to follow the sign of course! It took me though the delightful 'historic district' of Sandy, Utah, which I didn't know existed. There were charming little buildings that, had it not been a cold day I would have taken a meandering walk through the little streets.



Well, after a few wrong turns, I finally found my way to the historic Sandy Museum.


This is a really old building, which has served many purposes over the years, including a fire station, and the host of a gentleman's fraternity.




It's got a state historic marker. So, I knew it was credible.


This is Becky, who gave me the tour. We talked so much, I forgot to get a better shot of her. She was very helpful, and gave me all sorts of information about Sandy I was completely clueless about!


For instance, it was established almost as early as Salt Lake City. And it was famous for having many saloons. She told me the number, I forget what it was, 


This historic flag with 45 stars is a local treasure. Especially since Utah was the 45th state to join the union.


Also, check out this creepy advertisement for a furnace with ghost children going through it.


Fantastic finds everwhere.



A small replication of what might have been found in a corner store back in the day.


Beautiful old bottles, many with Utah label original drinks.



These toys were donated by a Sandy resident who is still living, and is in his 90's. These are from his childhood.


A history of Sandy women, and the hats they wore.


Fantastic collection of old cameras!


The main floor.


This old bell out back is left behind from the 1800's. This bell would ring at night for curfew, and if you did not get home by the time the next bell rung, you were in trouble!


Time spent on adventure: 2 hours
Money spent: $0
Recommendation 7 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts