Adventure 12: La Jolla Groves, Provo

I wish I had more pictures of this place than I do, because it's beautiful. I took advantage of a girls night out to a new restaurant as my adventure. I admit, being with the women in my family took my full attention, so I don't really have shots of food or the interior. But take my word for it, the interior is quite delightful, and the food, beautifully presented. I read on their website it's modeled after a lemon grove. I love it.


This locally based restaurant is in Provo, in the Riverwoods Shopping Cener. They also have a new location in Salt Lake City, which is good for me.

We got our own private room, which was quite lovely. We could hear the nuances of each other's conversation easily, and laugh without guilt.



I couldn't resist using this photo with our adorable server's finger in the picture. Since I was a little late to this event, I missed his introduction, so I didn't catch his name, but he was charming and attentive. One of the benefits of fine dining in Provo is the young exuberant BYU crowd you'll often have for servers.


One of the first things I noticed (that I loved!) is the limited selection on the menu. I tend to get overwhelmed by a large menu. There were just enough options to fit the mood for all 8 of us, and we were all happy with our choices.

I had one of their signature dishes, Chicken Stuffed Crepes. It was delicious. The portions at this restaurant are just perfect! Maybe it's the way I was raised, but I always feel pressure to clean my plate, and get very discouraged when serving sizes are the ridiculous American portions. 

The desserts were amah-zing! Most of the women had this lemon cake. I was too busy savoring my creme brulee to snap a picture of it. 


Time spent on adventure: 1.5 hours
Money spent: $0 (it was my mom's treat, but my meal was about $25)
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!



Comments

Popular Posts