Adventure34: Bangkok Terrace

It was a cold, looked-like-rain kind of day. So a nice curry dish sounded like just the thing to warm me. Bangkok Terrace just happened to be in my peripheral, so I stopped in.


Have a I mentioned I tend to have my lunch/dinner (usually the same meal) at a strange time? I usually have busy mornings and lose time in the momentum of productivity, that by the time I realize I'm hungry, it's too late to call it lunch, and too early to call it dinner, so I call it both.

Any who, it's due to this strange time of time that I attribute the fact that I shared the restaurant with over a dozen tables with three other people.


There was contemporary Thai music playing, which was a different touch. The man who greeted and seated me handed me the menu, brought me water, and darted to the other side of the room where the cash register was and hung out there for quite a while.

The menu was packed full of choices! Several pages dense with so many dishes. I was overwhelmed. I get overwhelmed easily. I would have liked to ask the man across the room for suggestions, maybe their signature dished, but I couldn't seem to make eye contact with him. I finally went for a dish that looked familiar that I knew I was bound to like, the coconut chicken curry.


I closed my menu waiting for my friend across the room to take notice and come get my order. He hung out at the cash register looking bored for a good 15 minutes before making eye contact with me and finally coming over, then asked, 'are you ready?' He was sort of like this the whole time I was there, not checking on me much.

Jasmine tea took the bite off of the cold day. I love this little tea pot. 



I liked the decor. Little touches of shiny gold everywhere.


The view into the street was great too.


I liked the little tip on the wall to my right... 'homemade coconut ice cream.' It was like the restaurant was whispering a secret to me.



The curry dish was delicious. More than I could eat in one sitting. A completely different experience from the curry dish I had a couple of weeks ago at the location next door, Grilla Bites.


When I was ready to box up the food I couldn't finish, I actually said, 'excuse me' several times in the loudest-but-polite voice to the server I could manage. It was pretty embarrassing, the other three patrons stared as I fumbled to get his attention. I'm not one to make a scene... but when a girl is full of curry and jasmine tea, funny things can happen within her.


Upon leaving, and seeing these two petty cabs parked outside was a treat. Petty cab drivers need to eat too!


Time spent on adventure: 1 hour
Money spent: $21 (including tip)
Recommendation: 6 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts