Adventure 16: A Vegan Adventure

I had a vegan day! I didn't do it on purpose. It all started when I walked by this vegan place close to my dinner time, and decided to give it a try. This place is very cute! Prime real estate as part of the Wells Fargo building plaza.

Dinner: Grilla Bites. 

This California based company has this new-ish Salt Lake City location. Their signature dishes are the grilled sandwiches, and the salad bar. I was in the mood for something hot, so I didn't try either of those, but I according to the handsome young man behind the register, that's the stuff to try!




I tend to eat a late lunch which ends up also being my dinner. So, I'm going to credit the empty restaurant to the weird time of day. Incidentally, this weird eating schedule of mine makes it really easy in general to find good seating when I go out.



This dish was the only curry dish on the menu, I don't remember what it was called. It looks great though, doesn't it? I actually just stared at the beauty of it for a moment, especially that lime, I mean, look at that swirl. It tasted pretty good, although I was not satiated. I felt like I could have easily eaten another one of these.


But the manager was kind, and checked on me, and thanked me for coming. Overall, a good experience... other than a tiny bit of hunger that lingered.

Dessert: Agi's Raw Foods. 

I was on my way through Sugarhouse when I spotted this little place, and thought it would go great with my vegan theme, and help fill me up with a little vegan dessert. 



Entering the shop was a little strange. All the lights were out, so I wasn't sure if I was allowed to be in there. The woman inside (who turned out to be Agi herself) assured me I was welcome. There were fridges that lined the south wall with different desserts. Ice cream, pastries, and a variety of juices. I went for the chocolate ice cream staring me in the face. Well... maybe it was the woman on the label who was staring me down. Either way, I answered the call. She turned the lights on for me at this point, which was nice.



I asked Agi about the green juices I saw in the fridge, and she gave me a delightful sample. It was one of the best green juices I've had. If I hadn't been so in need to fill my belly I might have opted for a green juice as my dessert. She has many green juices to choose from, of her own unique blends.


Chocolate almond vegan ice cream. The ingredients included coconut milk, almond milk, and other very natural ingredients. I've had coconut milk ice cream before, and it's not too bad. My hopes were somewhat high... especially when I opened the lid and saw the beautiful presentation.


In it goes. The first few bites were okay, it was sweet, and definitely chocolaty. Unfortunately beyond that it just reminded me of the cheap old ice cream that I ate growing up because it was there. You know, the ice cream that's been sitting in your freezer for a month? It's gooey and slimy, and in a weird way stale-tasting? Bummer. 


This is how much of the $7 dessert I was able to ingest. *sigh* How do those Vegans do it?



I went to bed hungry.


Time spent on adventure: 2 hours
Money spent: $20.23 ($12.82 Grilla's, $7.41 Agi's)
Recommendation: 5 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts