Adventure 14: Water Wellness Center

Last night I went to a free class at the Water Wellness Center. If you don't know about this place, it's located on 900 E right behind Fat Cats bowling at 3739 S. They sell a few types of pure water; distilled, mineral, and alkaline water. 


There were probably a good 30 people in attendance. With the size of the store, it was a full house. Alex Hoggan, the very fit looking owner/found welcomed us.  He shared his story of being in poor health 18 years ago, and looking for answers to overcoming his addiction to soda. This led him to opening the Water Wellness Center selling the healing water that helped him so much. He then introduced the guest speaker, Richard Davidson


Richard introduced himself as one who's search for better health also led him to discovering the power of alkaline water. He introduced himself as 72 years young, and getting younger. He pounded on his six-pack for us. He, also looked very fit and was full of energy!


Richard referred us to The PH Miracle, by Dr. Robert O. Young, and a few other books that tout the importance of alkaline water. Since this topic is content heavy, I will let you do your own research to find out more about the benefits, there are many resources to look further into this. The basic principle is the American diet is heavy in food that cause our blood to become acidic, and alkaline water does just what it's name implies, it alkalizes your blood. Richard also thinks it's great I'm blogging about this, so I can't help but think he's great for thinking I'm great... I mean my blog. Thinking my blog is great.

They provided us with a folder full of information to study on the topic, as well as a way to contact Richard, and a punch card worth $20 toward water. I think it's so great when a free class showers you with free stuff! Pretty awesome. We were also given a free sample of a calcium powder to add to water later that night. This shows to me a devotion and belief in this way of living, they can't help but share!


 A few shots from the presentation:




A sneaky shot of the people I came with. That's my sister making her second appearance on one of my adventures! She actually was the one who suggested this adventure. She is a regular customer of the Water Wellness Center and has found great benefit to her health from drinking alkaline water. As you can tell, she's a very good listener.


So good that she didn't notice that was doing this. (Yes, I'm wearing my GREENbike t-shirt from yesterday's adventure)


Richard stated every morning he eats a breakfast of one whole avocado, one tomato, and one cucumber. This apparently is a well balanced alkaline meal to start your day with. So, on my way home I picked up a cucumber and a few tomatoes to try this out. I already have a fridge full of avocados, which is part of the reason I was excited to try this recipe, it has one of my favorite ingredients!


The star of the show was the visual aid that had been teasing us from the beginning. He has a display of clear liquids in order of acidic to alkaline. Soda being on the far acidic side, and alkaline water at the other. He put a reagent in each of the cups to show the color on the acid-alkaline scale where each liquid placed. You may remember this lesson from grade school? The colorful scale from alkaline to acid, and using those little tabs to dip in different liquids to test the acid level? 

The most interesting part was when Richard took the alkaline water, which was a deep purple color, and added it to all the other waters, which turned them blue quickly. But when he added the alkaline water to the most acidic water (propel) and soda, it didn't change the color at all. 

He then took a cap of soda (probably the equivalent of a teaspoon) and added it to the alkaline water (which was deep purple remember) and it quickly turned red (the highest acidic level color). Pretty interesting, right?


After the presentation, Alex came back up and drew from a box with all of our names to give away prizes! Several holistic products sold at the center were given away. Everyone in my group was drawn! (except me, but I'm very happy for them.. :-S) My sister actually won a 2 gallon container filled with alkaline water, which she very kindly gave to me. 

This free class is given regularly. Here's their contact information to find out when the next one is:  Water Wellness Center

So, this morning I had my Richard recommended breakfast, with a side of alkaline water. Although Richard wouldn't be happy with the combination. I'm not supposed to drink water with my meal, it interferes with the full digestion abilities of my enzymes. But, I've always been a water drinker during my meals. I tried! After 3 bites I had to add a sip. This breakfast was surprisingly filling, all morning! In fact, I'm writing this at 2:30 P.M., and I'm just now starting to get hungry.


Time spent on adventure: 2 hours (including travel time)
Money spent: $0 (well, $6 on the veggies for my breakfast)
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

  1. I'm going to try that breakfast, it looks awesome. And the bit about the soda taking over the healthy water is crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts