Adventure 35: Salvation Army

This was a short, uneventful adventure, but we can't win them all I guess. I had been trying to talk to someone at the Salvation Army for several days to volunteer. I don't know a whole lot about this organization. I always associated them with service, so I thought I'd see if I could provide service with them.


I couldn't get anyone one the phone at first, then I was told the name of the woman was over volunteers, and that I should just come in and ask for her. So I showed up to their Salt Lake City location that same day and asked for her, she was out sick. *sigh* Well, I left my contact information for her to call me, and never heard from her. I tried to get a hold of her again with no luck. There's only so much work I'm willing to do when it comes to volunteering I guess, because that was that. 


A few things I observed while there, the interior didn't smell very good. I figured this was due to the donations they must receive having a wet-dog smell. The few people I passed in the halls looked like they could use a good warm bowl of soup. It made me glad they were there, and not on the street.

I also noticed there is a chapel. It looks like they have a Sunday service.

Out back there is a community garden and a playground. From all outside appearances they are giving to the community. I'm sorry I can't offer an insider's view.


Time spent on adventure: 15 minutes (at the physical location-- several days trying to get someone on the phone)
Money spent: $0
Recommendation: 3 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts