Adventure 30: Best Friends Pet Super Adoption

So I was driving by the Utah State Fair Park, and thought I'd stop and take a walk around the grounds to see what this property was used for when there's no fair.

Well, turns out, this pet super adoption event was going on! Agencies that collect animals who need homes from all over Utah came to display their adoption options. 

As I approached the gate from the parking lot I passed a couple of families with their new dog, which I have to say, warmed my heart.




My first stop, the cats.



Cats everywhere.


This sweet little fluffy cat lost an eye, but her description said she's very sweet and cuddly. Broke my heart a little bit.


A pile of cats.


Next, the dogs. There were actually two separate buildings with dogs. A lot of dogs need homes.


These pet accessaries were handily sold between the two dog buildings.


Entering the dog space was loud. Very loud with barking, even though probably only three of them were barking, it echoed like the dickins in the big open room.


Each of them had a write up with their story, and what kind of home would be the best fit for them.


I'm not a pet person, but I wanted to take home every dog I saw. I mean... look at those little guys.


There were all sizes and wonderfully mixed breeds of muts, and all so sweet. *sigh* I had to get out of there before I took a dozen with me.


This table on the way out made it convenient to get all your papers, microchips, and last minute tips before leaving with your new pet.


It was a beautiful day at the state fair park. Seeing all those pets made me want to get one. When I'm in a better position to be a good pet owner, I will seek out the adoption process for sure.


They do this super pet adoption annually, but you know, that there are several adoption agencies in the valley you can swing by any time!

Time spent on adventure: 20 minutes
Money spent: $0
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts