Adventure 28: Omar's Rawtopia

My sister recently tried Omar's Rawtopia, and raved about it! So, since I was picking her up from Huntsman this weekend, I thought it would be a great opportunity to try it. She's only in Salt Lake once a week after all, so she should go to her favorite spots every time she's here, right?

I have to include this picture. Many people in my life have spotted tarantulas this autumn, and I have been so bummed that I haven't! This little guy was crossing the road in front of Huntsman. I slammed on my breaks and watched him do his slow walk for a few minutes. So cool!


And we arrive at Omar's.




The first thing to notice when entering this restaurant are the awards lining the wall along the stairs up to the seating area. I was ready to be shown an amazing time by Omar.


The ambiance was simple, but soothing. The walls were colorful, with simple colorful paintings.





Here's a great shot of Delores' curls silhouetted against the window.


All of the food on Omar's menu is made with love! It says so in the description of each dish. I was in love with Omar! A man who will make me food with love, has my heart.

We ordered this dish of crackers and dip for our appetizer. Did I mention this is a vegan restaurant? Those crackers are hand made at Omar's with (from what I could tell) seeds, chopped up nuts and oils, and amazing seasoning. SO GOOD! The best crackers I've had. The dip, which was surprisingly creamy, is a blend of a few different types of nuts, oils, and also amazing seasoning.


Delores and I both ordered this Lebanese wrap, which was also very creamy, and bursting with a variety of flavors.

I suspected Omar must be Lebanese, as many of the menu items were of Lebanese origin. The server confirmed my suspicion. She told me his training was not in food, but he was originally a bio-chemist, but found his love of raw food, and decided to follow that passion. With his mother, he came up with the recipes and menu for the restaurant. With a few other friends, he opened this labor of love in 2005... and as we saw on the wall coming in, SLC responded well.

Also, the view out the window is that huge building under construction in Sugar House, so that's fun!


Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $22.60 
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!



Comments

Popular Posts