Adventure 38: Garage on Beck

I pass this bar every day. I frequently notice in the evening the parking lot is full, and the street parking is almost filled to capacity. Previous co-workers said it had a cool interior, and good food. Still, months and months went by and I never tried it. Well, it's about time Deserae!

 

Before we get to the interior that my co-workers pumped up, the exterior is pretty cool too. They seem to made the most of being on the most unappealing, industrial road that connects Salt Lake City to North Salt Lake. Surrounded by chain-link, barbed-wire, and refineries, Garage embraces where they are. Ruggedly-industrial?





The interior is a visual feast. The walls are covered with decorations you might find, strangely enough, in someone's garage. There seemed to be a few regulars at the bar. The wait staff was super friendly and engaging. They seemed to know the men at the bar, and were very chatty. Even though I was not a regular, I was very much on the receiving end of their hospitality. The man who brought me my food even called me sweetheart.


I ordered the veggie burger. It was an interesting take. The idea of making it with quinoa is different. It didn't stay together very well, so I shoved it in my face as fast as I could... but since it was such a sizable burger, I timed myself around 15 minutes of speed. Any time there's avocado on a burger, it's bound to please my palate, and there was a lot of flavor in the burger which I enjoyed. They had some non-traditional side options, which I was pleased by. I opted for the braised kale. It was a bit soggy, and a little too strong tasting, (which is true before it's braised) but 2 snaps for the innovation!


My condiments were served in a 'bud light' carrier, and I was grateful for the abundant supply of real napkins in the center of my table, I needed them.


The patio is beautiful! This would be a great place to hang out on a Summer evening with a group of friends, around the bon fire. I started out sitting out here, but it was a bit cold, and a few patrons came out to smoke, so that decided for me that inside was best.


Beautiful view of the sun through the industrial towers of North Salt Lake!




I love a good squinty picture, don't you?


They seemed to have interesting menu items, so I'd love to come again and sample one of their famous and well-loved dishes, maybe in the Summer when I can enjoy the patio.

Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $12 (including tip)
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts