Adventure 22: Midori Sushi

This delightful little sushi joint is on 1900 West in Roy. I happened to be in the area and was starving! How could I resist the 'all you can eat' sign in front of a sushi place?

The parking lot behind the restaurant was in disrepair, but it just ramped up my excitement to try this little restaurant on a major busy street in Roy, Utah.


The interior.





The young woman who served me was very nice, and helpful. She knew the menu well, and answered all my questions like a pro.

I knew the all you can eat option was not practical for me, as I would probably only eat two rolls. So, I scanned the menu looking for my temptations. There were the regular stars that seem to show up on every sushi menu; caterpillar, vegas, california. I wanted to try a tempura roll, as well as one of the spicy tuna variety. So I ordered the vegas, and I don't remember the name of the spicy tuna roll, but it definitely specified spicy tuna under the description.



The rolls arrived with a simple, and appealing presentation. Okay, first of all, I have never encountered so much rice on a sushi roll in my life! Each 'bite' took a minimum of 1 minute to chew and swallow. The tempura was more of a flavor in the thick rice than a crunchy outer-layer. And my biggest disappointment... the spicy tuna. It tasted like processed crab. I don't know if they mixed up my order, but it was not a solid chunk of tuna in the center. Very sad.

Other than that, the flavors were favorable. The sauce on the vegas was quite nice. 

My take away: the details on the interior were the best part of the experience, like these colorful cranes that lined the windows facing the street. Very sweet.


Money spent: $21 (including tip)
Time spent on adventure: 45 minutes
Recommendation: 6 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts