Adventure 46: Zaika Grill N Kebab

Eating at Kaika is what I always wanted a new exotic food experience to be!


The owners were full of enthusiasm as they talked about the menu items, and explained in detail what  we could expect from each dish. 


The tikka oven is prominently displayed behind the counter, and the owner (I wish I would have gotten his name) happily posed for this picture for me.


The dining area has a unique flare to it. Simple, small tables, with a bit of a cabin feel.



Fellow adventurer Garrett joined me for this adventure, and though he tends to not like spicy food, was willing to give a couple of the spicy items a try with me.



I was so excited to learn they had mango lassi, quite possibly the best drink on the planet. Their lassi was not quite as sweet as I've had at other places, but it was delicious.


Kashmiri buryani. This was my first time having Pakistani food, and I was not disappointed. It's similar to the Indian food I've had, but the spices were different.


Chicken karahi served in the pan it's cooked in, which is where the dish gets it's name. This was the spiciest dish, and I loved it! Looking at the picture is making my mouth water.


The naan was different than that found in an Indian restaurant, more billowy, and topped with sesame seeds. I adore it! I have had dreams about this bread since. So yummy!


Eating in the dining area, and chatting with the owners about their traditions, and culture felt like I was in their home. It was such a delightful, and intimate experience.


Time spent on adventure: 1 hour
Money spent: $0 (thanks to Garrett, but I believe our meal was around $35)
Recommendation: 9.5 out of 10 adventure points!


Comments

Popular Posts