Adventure 42: Next Level Fit Club

I recently found this group on MeetUp, "Next Level Fit Club." FREE workouts for the public at Liberty Park. I realized after reading up on the group that I've seen them. I've taken walks in the park and silently chuckled to myself as I passed a group of people doing what looked like some intense interval work, 'those poor saps are bustin' their buns, meanwhile this leisurely walk is pretty great.'

Well, I joined them this time. I had a pretty long day, so I have to say, I was not full of energy and pumped up on my way to this workout at the park.


Due to traffic I was a few minute late, but I made it, and saw that they had already jumped in. There were cones lining two sides with people in line with them facing each other about 100 feet apart.


When I got there they had me sign in on a clipboard, then I jumped right in. My summation from walking by this group was correct, it's interval work. Intense, but totally fun. We were asked to pick a partner. We were to stand at opposite sides facing our partner. I ran while my partner did push ups and burpies. When he was done, we crossed the field switch places, then I took over the push ups and burpies while he ran in place. 



My friend Diane showed up too. She did great.


There were many sets like this doing different interval exercises. It all led up to a routine of running around doing different movements and rolling around in the crunchy leaves. It was really difficult, but so fun and motivating being surrounded by a group of people who are totally into it.


This group was started by personal trainers Mary Tressel and Tony Vega. They are 8 months new to Salt Lake City, coming from Los Angeles. They decided to do this to get the community fit, and allow an opportunity to bring like-minded-fit-minded people together.


It was an economical 1 hour, and we ended on a strong note, huffing and puffing, and with a group cheer. One of those cheers where you all put your hand in the middle of the circle and say something like 'go team.' There's a name for what that is. Then we were left on our own to cool down and stretch.

They are launching a 4 Week Group Challenge that starts Saturday, November 12th

It entails:
- 12 Group Fitness Sessions (M-W-F @ 6pm)
- Fitness & Nutrition Coaching
- Prizes, Winners, Celebration and FUN
- Warrior Bootcamp For The Serious Athletes

Check out the MeetUp flier. Warning, you'll probably have to join MeetUp to view it.

Diane and I made it through the tough workout that totally kicked our butts! We felt pretty good.


However, a couple of hours later when I went to the grocery store, I was feeling the pain. Tony and Mary totally worked me! That is real exhaustion on my face, I actually thought I was smiling for the picture.


Time spent on adventure: 1 hour
Money spent: $0
Recommendation: 9 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts