Adventure 47: Navigating the Complex World of Dating Part 1

Weber State University West had another class to help the community. This time... dating! There was SWAG, which you know I love. (To check out the last workshop I attended at WSU, click here)


This course was taught by the young and beautiful Stephanie, Brogan, and Summer. These lovely ladies are in their last year at WSU as Family Studies majors.


The principles introduced are that (when seeking a partner) there are 4 dating don'ts and 4 dating do's. This is part 1 of 2, this week we went over the don'ts. Since I was unable to attend part 2, we're just getting the first half. Hopefully it will be a teaser for you to attend their next seminar!

The Don'ts:
  • Fighters-- aggressive, controlling
  • Flighters-- passive, don't communicate honest feelings
  • Fakers-- low self esteem, pretend to always feel the same way as you
  • Flakers-- not dependable, frequently late, does not put you as a priority



We watched some video clips from Mean Girls of examples of all four of these personality flaws, which was fun. I love my purple ball.


There were three other attendies, we amongst ourselves these ideas a bit.



Though the presenters were young, and barely wet behind the ears, I was impressed by their presentation. The principles taught were universal, and they taught them with sincerity.


We were given a paper to take home, to sign and commit to doing better in an area we found we were weak in.

I think I fall under the 'flaker don't.' We're supposed to avoid personality flaws of the 4 don'ts, so I guess I'm undatable? *sigh*

Time spent on adventure: 1.5 hours
Money spent $0
Recommendation: 7 out of 10 adventure points!



Comments

Popular Posts