Adventure 50: Indochine

I was so pleased to discover a Vietnamese place I hadn't tried on my walk throughout the U of U campus, which led me to 1300 East.


The inside was charming. Quite a visual feast.


The quirky part of my adventure to Indochine came when I slipped in the back down the hallway my server pointed me to for the bathroom. There were two skinny doors side-by-side, one a panted stick-figure, the other with a skirted figure. The door was ajar for both, with the light on in the men's room. There was no light for the women's restroom. I spent a good 5 minutes examining the interior, and exterior of the room for a switch with my phone LED light. 


I finally gave up and peed in the dark. There does seem to be a theme with strange bathroom encounters with me in Vietnamese restaurants. See my trip to East Sea.


Sitting at the booth after my hour long jaunt on the U campus felt incredibly good, and I couldn't wait to eat!




I ordered the chicken curry noodle salad. It was really good! However, this was my first noodle salad that I was unable to finish. It was actually a little too much food. It was full of flavor, and though I left feeling very full, and regretting leaving food on my plate (thank my upbringing for that,) I think East Sea wins in the competition for the best noodle salad, it's also much cheaper. But Indochine wins with the amount of veggies! Yum.




Time spent: 30 minutes
Money spent: $14 (including tip)
Recommendation: 8 out of 10 adventure points!



Comments

Popular Posts