Adventure 52: Thai Siam

Thai Siam is a beautiful little Thai place on State street. Despite this beautiful mural, this really is a 'blink-and-miss-it' spot. My advice: don't blink!



I ordered the lettuce wraps. These were very different from lettuce wraps I've had at Chinese restaurants. First of all, the lettuce was romaine, so it was more about scooping up the goods, than 'wrapping' them. Second, the spices were different, I especially enjoyed the mint. 

My side of rice was packaged up in foil and saran wrap. I smiled for a good 5 minutes before I approached the bundle.


I guess because it's bad for your rice to touch the juices? Well, I unwrapped it, and dumped it on the plate when my lettuce leaves ran out. Delicious.


It was delightful! Really different, and surprisingly the large onions actually enhanced the flavor.

Also, the decor is great!




The servers would disappear behind this curtain. It was like they were going to an exotic land... but they always came back.


Time spent on adventure: 30 minutes
Money spent: $9 (including tip)
Recommendation: 8.5 out of 10 adventure points!

Comments

Popular Posts